May 13, 2021

Not that there’s anything wrong with it...

I’m cleaning out the drafts queue and came across this gem... “I was young, playing baseball, and going to college, and my teammates and I needed money,” he said. Through an interpreter, Tadano added: “I’m not gay. I’d like to clear that fact up right now.”

So, for all the progress society made have made in regard to gay rights, the sports world is the one place where nothing can overcome the machismo of the locker room. Yep, those athletes are just too concerned about spying on the merchandise and maybe playing grab ass that being gay in professional sports makes a player something of a pariah.

Way back in the early oughts, Kazuhito Tadano was a pitching prospect for the Cleveland Indians and the news came out that he had been in a gay porn video which more or less did the trick in destroying what might have been a promising career. Maybe it was never meant to be but certainly that gay porn vid didn’t help matters.

I don’t think Tadano had a really good excuse because lots of people need money and don’t wind up doing gay porn but so I think that was a bit disingenuous of him. Now, that being said... WHO CARES!

It’s amazing to me sometimes just how very concerned people are about other people and who they swap bodily fluids with. Maybe it’s just an excuse to get someone you hate as being a hypocrite but it’s a pretty shitty way of doing it if you don’t want people to hold folks sex lives out as something to challenge them.

The only thing it really shows us all is that we’ve still got a long way to go.

No comments: